2.26.2015

the truth about learning



as you all know, i am in my fourth year in medical school. it is crazy, competitive and hectic. i always feel stupid and belittled by the vast amount of knowledge my peer knows way ahead before me. and every time i thought that i was catching up, they seemed to have gone another mile.

sometimes i just cry in my room because i am so overwhelmed. i feel like i am this small girl who is trapped in a 22 years old girl who is figuring out her life and at the same time i am a tortoise which has to catch up with the hare, and unlike in the world wide known fable, the hare we are talking about is anything but lazy.

i just want to be able to absorb things like a sponge.

learn things and make sure that they stay in my head.

and then i come across this piece of advice albert einstein has written for his son..

“That is the way to learn the most, that when you are doing something with such enjoyment that you don’t notice that the time passes.”

this quote really opened my eyes.

for those of you who are facing the same difficulty, i hope this can help.

ciao

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment